Early in the forth century, the Greek mathematician Pepose declared that the smart shape of honeycomb is the representative of the most effective labor of the nature. At that time, he guessed "The hexagon honeycomb which mankind can see is made with the least beeswax." This guess is known as "honeycomb guess.”
Darwin, the famous biologist even insisted "the man must be muddle-headed if he does not pay double tribute when he sees the honeycomb."
The development history of the honeycomb stone panel
Super thin honeycomb stone panel was first invented in Ireland. The first piece in the world was made in 1973. In 1983, an American company succeeded in producing the same product. A German company produced the super light stone wave composite which is quite similar to the super thin honeycomb panel in 1989 and then in 1990, two Italian companies have also started the production. In 2000 Chinese and in 2001 Russians began their production. So the production of super thin honeycomb stone panels has passed a history of 30 years and now is a fully mature product. The application in many engineering projects has proved many superiorities of this product.
ALUMINUM HONEYCOMB PANEL
The surface of the HONYLITE™ aluminum honeycomb panels are made of aluminum alloy plates roller coated with PVDF while in the middle are the aluminum honeycombs which meets the international aeronautical standards. This product is specially made with the cold-glue and hot-press technology.
The structural honeycomb core provides strength and consistent rigidity at a very low density; when bonded to similarly lightweight facings. Every honeycomb cell wall acts like the web of an I-Beam, forming an extremely strong and rigid lightweight composite panel.
HONYLITE™ honeycomb panel is an aluminum sandwich-type panel with high rigidity and extremely low weight. It is the ideal material for a most of applications in architecture, transport, display or industrial production.
- Strictly controlled quality updated fore-rolling coating with pre-baking finish process.
- Option (for colors) /PVDF/polyester surface finish
- Large dimensional panels (Max 5000mm x 1500mm)
- High strength no reinforcement measure necessary.
- Light weight: Weight of 25mm thickness honeycomb panel is 5.6kg/m2
- Precise dimension and roller-pressing technology, which ensure the high quality of the products.
- Absolute flatness of the surface makes installation easier and the fast “cut the garment according to the figure” productive way will ensure the quality of each piece of the products and minimize the wastage of raw materials.
- Perfect installation system, which can eliminate the panel distortion caused by the temperature changes. Therefore, the sealing against the gas or water leakages will be ensured. The unique sealing installation system looks graceful in shape. Besides, it can effectively avoid the reduction of the lifetime of the sealing glues due to the direct radiation. Furthermore, the lower installation requirements will allow the panels to be installed on various keels.
- Excellent productive capability irregular panels such as arc-shaped, folded and trapezoid panels will be designed and produced as per the special designing requirements. The non-plane irregular panels including arc shape, L-shape, U-shape are formed in one mould.
- No color difference: The same lot roller-coated aluminum sheets are to be used for one project. Meanwhile the reasonable interior wall and ceiling installation will ensure each panel sheet to be easily and separately dismantled for maintenance service.
Application of honeycomb:
HONYLITE™ honeycomb panel is a decorative material with excellent properties and is therefore ideal for innovative and artistic ceiling and wall claddings.
The combination of mechanical properties such as tensile strength of the cover sheets, outstanding aesthetic features is being highly appreciated by designers, architects and planners.
Clean, easily fabricated with perfect details, a great variety of applications is possible with the use of ordinary tools. It is also becoming increasingly popular in interior design.
The transportation industry is continuously searching for methods to increase efficiency and HONYLITE™ honeycomb panels not only decrease fuel consumption, but they can also increase payload capacity. Their high strength to weight ratio make them an excellent alternative to more traditional materials.
HONYLITE™ honeycomb panels can be used for all types of body panels, floors, supports, ceilings, and partition walls in trains, trailers, and trucks. It not only reduces the overall weight, but also provides better insulation and sound proof qualities.
HONYLITE™ honeycomb panel provides an enormous variety of industrial applications. Lightweight containers, machine tool cabin, wind tunnels, platform lifts and elevators, etc…
We provide back-up service for our valued customers by providing samples and detailed technical information. Our ultimate goal is to achieve customer satisfaction through quality and value.
HONYLITE™ aluminum honeycomb panels offer a lightweight structural backing for graphics, signage, or other decorative material. They are used extensively in the construction of point of purchase displays and trade show exhibits due to their excellent durability and light weight. The panels are also very structurally sound and meet most ratings for fire control.
HONYLITE™ aluminum honeycomb panels tend to be the most popular wall panels chosen for microelectronics cleanrooms because of they are non-outgassing, non-particle shedding, and anti-static as well as lightweight and non-combustible.
Features of honeycomb:
The unique Honeycomb structure features many interconnecting shapes creating a very strong panel, resistant to adverse weather conditions and other pressures.
Exceptionally Flat Surface
The aluminum surface panel is supported by the unique Honeycomb vertical cell structure therefore producing an exceptionally flat panel, available in various colours
Unlike other composite panels featuring a solid core, the Honeycomb structure in our panel dramatically reduces the weight of the finished product.
HONYLITE™ honeycomb panel is made solely of aluminum and can therefore prevent fire spreading and increase the safety index.
Insulating and Sound Proof
The Honeycomb structure absorbs sound well and can be used in sound damping and sound proofing applications. The structure will also act as an insulating material.